Friday, September 28, 2012

Mustache Photobooth Fun

I love photobooths! But renting a photobooth is about $1,000 so for my nephew's little man/mustache bash birthday, we're going to set up a makeshift photobooth with these  props I made:
Life Designed
I found cute templates online here and here. If you want to print the mustaches in black you can find them here. Of course you can always draw your own! They are pretty basic shapes after all but I went the lazy route and went with other people's drawings. I should really draw more... as a design student we're always being told to get used to drawing- on the spot with people watching... how horrifying! haha
Life Designed
Once printed and cut out, I traced them onto black cardstock and taped some dollar store bamboo sticks on the back:
Life Designed
And used left over scrapbook paper for the ties and bow ties.
Life Designed
I outlined the bow tie in black to help the center part stand out. 
Life Designed
I cut the necktie into 2 pieces because I wanted the pattern to reflect a real necktie pattern.
Life Designed
I think one of my favourite props is the glasses. I ended up colouring this one in with a black marker, leaving the center part white to mimic tape for a nerdy look. Love them!

The one prop I did free hand is the hat which I drew on black cardstock and then added a strip of coloured paper for some fun.

The backdrop will be this polka dot fabric from Joann's or the shower curtain I got from Target. Yes.. a shower curtain. =)
Joann's Fabric
Can't wait for everyone to have some photobooth fun!
Life Designed

No comments:

Post a Comment