Friday, September 21, 2012

Baby's 1st Year Timeline Frame

Happy 1st Birthday Mia! 

My little niece is one today and for her party tomorrow, I've put together her monthly pictures in a large frame. 
Life Designed

I bought this large Klimt poster and frame at a thrift shop a couple years ago for $15. It was a great deal for such a large, sturdy frame (the opening measures 28" x 34").
Life Designed
I used a chevron pattern from the wonderful and talented Aimee at Sprik Spaces.
The frame is so large, I had to repeat the pattern- I would have liked it better if it was just one piece that went from light to dark pink but my time is limited so I just worked with what I had.
Life Designed
 The frame itself got a couple coats of white paint:
Life Designed
After the party, I plan to replace the chevron paper with some sort of fabric and make this a bulletin board for my bedroom.
Life Designed
I got some wooden clothespins at the dollar store and spray painted them pink... Yes.. I realize it's a very hot hot pink... 

I only needed a small can of paint and the only colour Michael's had was this hot pink...
Life Designed
I'm not really sure how this is going to go down tomorrow. The restaurant won't allow us to hang anything on the walls or from the ceiling.  I think it's going to have to just sit on a table and lean against the wall or window...

I'm sure it'll all come together! May from Charmed by Sweets is making the little cake topper and I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment