Monday, August 06, 2012

Quick Tin Cup Makeover

I was at a thrift store the other day picking up some more terrarium jars (big surprise!) when I came across this lil' guy:

Life Designed
No it's not sterling silver. Darn. But I've been looking for a cute flower vase like this for a while, so for now- silver or not, this is perfect.


It's hard to tell from the picture but it's colour was really dull- and not in a nice patina sort of way so I gave it a quick coat of metallic silver spray paint that I had lying around.
Life Designed



Luckily all it took was one coat since that's all I had left.

Life Designed
I love cut flowers but I'm not good at maintaining them.  So I think it's worth it to invest in a few beautiful fake flowers. (I can hear some of you cringe- sorry!) The ones I got are mid range (from Pier 1) but you can get ones that look identical to the real thing. The plan is to one day invest in some peonies. Some light pink and white peonies would look awesome in this cup. So romantic and feminine. 

I also found the cutest little glass cups perfect for mini terrariums! I spotted them just as I was heading to the cash register and there were 2 of them so of course I picked them both up and my friend and I made friendship terrariums! =)

Life Designed
Isn't that one cute terrarium?!

The "all you need is love" canvas is a little DIY project I did back in February. Check out the post here

Happy BC Day to all my BC readers!

2 comments:

  1. This beauty really will make a great vase. I love repurposing finds like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you don't make me a friendship jar? Or actually you and matty. His " best friend"

    ReplyDelete